The Kings, whose 2019-20 scheduled was released Tuesday, will open the season against the Edmonton Oilers at Rogers Place on Saturday, October 5 and will play two more games on the road against the Calgary Flames and the Vancouver Canucks. After starting the season on the road, the Kings return to STAPLES Center for their home opener against the Nashville Predators on Saturday, October 12 at 3:00 PM. The 2019-20 season marks club’s 20th Anniversary Season at STAPLES Center.
The Predators home opener kicks-off a five-game homestand with the remaining four games against the Vegas Golden Knights, Carolina Hurricanes, Buffalo Sabres and the Flames. The Kings hot the road again on October 22.
Four key schedule highlights away from Downtown Los Angeles include:
- The Ducks faithful have graciously agreed to allow the Kings to host three additional home games in Anaheim this season—December 2, December 12, and April 3.
- On February 15th, the Kings travel to Falcon Stadium at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs to battle the Colorado Avalanche outdoors in the 2020 NHL Stadium Series.
- The season-high six-game road trip runs from December 12-21 (Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Boston, Columbus, Buffalo).
- The Annual New York Road Trip will also include the Washington Capitals in a four game set: Washington (Feb. 4), New York Islanders (Feb. 6 at Barclays), New Jersey Devils (Feb. 8) and the New York Rangers (Feb. 9).
Kings television announcer, Alex Faust, broke down the schedule this way:
Some ストームトルーパー｜ココチヤ Adidas Starwars Tシャツ ダース・ベイダー T-shirts アディダス スターウォーズ 2019-20 schedule impressions (see image below):— Alex Faust (@alex_faust) June 25, 2019
-3 Sat/Sun home back-to-backs
-No killer trips: longest is 6 games, 7 trips of <5 games
-Home vs TOR, OTT, BOS & MTL in March
-4 home games in December, then 15 of 16 in Feb/March
-Stadium Series Feb 15 pic.twitter.com/FpXwis7nWe
Points of interest for the 2019-20 Kings regular season schedule:
- Free Nhl cheap Buy Flyers Hockey Get Place Leighton One Waivers Nhlwholesalejerseys com Authentic Jerseys Heavy home schedules in November (9 games) and March (10 games).
- Instead of hitting the road for their usual Grammys trip, the Kings will take their bye week after the January 18th game in Philadelphia and return to action at home against the Tampa Bay Lightning on January 29. The All Star break will be squeezed into this break as well.
- New Year’s Eve sees the Kings at home for only the third time since STAPLES Center opened. This time vs. the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Before preparing for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Kings finish up their season against the Dallas Stars on April 4.
Key National Hockey League dates:
- The 2019-20 season will be 186 days.
- Opening Night is October 2nd, featuring The St. Louis Blues, who begin their title defense when they face the 2017-18 Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals after raising the Stanley Cup banner to the rafters at Enterprise Center.
- As part of the NHL’s Global Series, the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers will begin their respective seasons at O2 Arena in Prague.
- On October 4, the Tampa Bay Lightning and Buffalo Sabres will meet in a pair of games on November 8-9 in Stockholm at Ericsson Globe.
- Winter Break, where there will be no games or trades, runs from December 24-26.
- The All-Star break is January 23 to January 26. The 2020 All-Star Skills Competition and All-Star Game will take place at Enterprise Center in St. Louis during the break.
- There are three outdoor games this season:
October 26 / Heritage Classic—Winnipeg Jets and Calgary Flames face-off at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, in the fifth ever.
January 1 / Winter Classic—The Dallas Stars clash with the Nashville Predators at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
February 15 / Stadium Series—Colorado Avalanche vs. the Kings.
- April 4 marks the end of the 2019-20 NHL regular season.
Trade Deadline:— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) June 25, 2019
While the CBA specifies the trade deadline occurs 40 days prior to the last day of the season, the last 2 seasons it was scheduled on the 41st day prior.
Assuming it is 41 days again this year, the 2019-20 NHL Trade Deadline will occur at 3PM ET on Feb 24, 2020